Can you help?
As most of you would know, the shed has a grant to help ourselves and the wider local ACT community. An initial survey has already provided the focus for one information session, which was held in March this year. Further information sessions and workshops were planned for the coming months, but due to the Covit-19 restrictions, these sessions will be placed on hold until things return to normal.
Although we have until the 30th November to acquit the grant, we have decided that the current situation may provide an opportunity to progress the project by using a website to document information and elicit comments.
The BCMS intends to use some of the grant money to establish a separate website, which will probably be called “tips4actSeniors.com” or something similar. This website will be separate from the BCMS website because the audience is different, and the subject matter will not be like BCMS information. In saying this, for many people the information on both websites could be of interest.
We need help to research and document information, so that we can collate and publish information on the website. When finished the website will help BCMS members and the local community. Specific areas where help is required includes:
1. Contribution of ideas and suggestions. Including, planning for the production of a booklet for the use of ACT seniors and other members of the community.
2. Researching documentation for relevent information. This can include visiting websites and/ or reading books and other research options. The goal is to document succinct information that is appropriate for: a) Australian seniors b) ACT seniors c) persons with disabilities d) veterans and minority groups.
3. Help write articles and develop information for the website.
4. Review/ edit drafts and provide feedback.
5. Web publishing (may involve converting document and re-formatting), and
6. Web site backups and updates.
The expectation is that the majority of work will be a once only effort, but also some ongoing work, especially as we react to community feedback and possibly the current COVID-19 Corona virus situation.
It would be great to have someone to monitor website health, updates and backups and at least flag possible issues. Ideally, we would like someone to take on full site management, and even the initial setup. The intent at this time is to use a host managed Wordpress site, so once theme and publishing editors/authors are up to speed, this role should be minimal, if no issues occur. If appropriate, BCMS may look to pass on future maintenance of the website to a suitably resourced organisation (such as COTA).
If you can make some time to assist with this project, please reply by clicking on this link BCMS Committee.