Shed Now Open
The shed is now open at the usual times, for new and existing members, with no limit to the number of members at any one time. The Duty Managers have discretion to adjust concurrent attendance levels at Shed, based on numbers AND behaviour, eg, social distancing and safety, or even poor weather reducing outdoor usage.
Please follow the existing Shed rules and also:
- obey any directions of the Duty Manager.
- use the tablet to sign in; this is essential in tracking should there be a need.
- use the CBR App to sign in as well.
- if you are at all unwell, have any Covid-like symptoms or been in contact with anyone with these symptoms , please do not attend.
- be social, but at the current recommended distancing while at the shed, especially at morning tea.
- wash hands and use the hand sanitizers upon arrival, and for the sign in tablet.
- clear all tools after your use with the wipes and the spray sanitizer.
- wipe taps, door handles etc, after touching.
- Shed re-organisation is actively underway: please help in finishing the new bench and in re-organising the shelves.
Our Committee will actively monitor and review numbers of members attending and any issues that may arise.
If you want to attend, but can’t, please contact us. Additional opening times might be considered, provided sufficient interest AND someone is available to take responsibility and manage the session.
Open for Wood & Metalworking, Plastics, CNC milling, Leatherwork & more!
Wednesday 09.00 to approx 12.00 (ish)
Thursdays 9:00 to approx 12:00 (ish)
Saturday 09.00 to 12.00 (ish).
(Morning tea is at 10.00 every day) Click here for more info
Our mission is to enjoy each others company
and wisdom and promote positive lifestyles,
while sharing our skills for the benefit of individuals
and the community.
Our Shed opened in March 2014, new members and visitors are always welcome. The Shed is 15 by 9 metres, and has been purposely designed and built as a Men’s Shed. It is fully insulated, with a kitchen, air-conditioning, disabled access/toilet and is equipped with woodworking and metalworking tools. Its not just about the tools, so for those that just want to come for a chat or coffee/tea we have the kitchen and a great meeting table. Its a MEN’s SHED, not a work house, so come and enjoy yourself.
Donations can be made to:
Belconnen Community Men’s Shed
32 Dallachy Street, Page ACT 2614
Account Name: Belconnen Community Mens Shed
BSB: 641 800 Account No: 200701804
This page was last updated on 11 Apr 2021